Jemrok Pty Ltd shall lead the way in being professionally managed, committed to total customer satisfaction and enhancing shareholder value.
Jemrok Pty Ltd shall lead the way to be an innovative, entrepreneurial and empowered team constantly creating value and striving for global bench marks for success.
Jemrok Pty Ltd shall lead the way fostering a culture of caring, trust and continuous improvement and learning, while meeting expectations of customers, employees, stakeholders and the communities we work in.
Jemrok Pty Ltd is committed to protecting and improving the environment in all areas of the company’s operations by seeking continual improvement of our environment, and employee safety and health as they relate to our products and operations. This is part of our commitment to preserve and enhance the environment, safety and health of our employees, customers, and neighbours. The development and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Jemrok Pty Ltd management and a shared responsibility with our employees.
Jemrok Pty Ltd recognises that commitment to the following guiding principles is fundamental in carrying out the company’s environmental policy:
- To comply with environmental, safety and health laws and regulations, and to the extent practical, implement programs that exceed governmental requirements.
- To consider environmental impacts as an essential element when evaluating new projects, products, and operations.
- To develop procedures for the prevention of injuries.
- To establish objectives and targets aimed at the prevention of pollution by reducing the generation of waste, recycling waste that is generated, and properly disposing of waste that cannot be recycled.
- To develop production processes and products that eliminates or reduces the use or need of hazardous substances.
- To encourage the conservation of energy, water, and natural resources through increased efficiency and the introduction of new technology.
- To provide employees with a better understanding of environmental issues and the company’s commitment, policies, and programs to preserve and improve the environment.
Senior management of Jemrok Pty Ltd shall ensure that the environmental policy is clearly understood, implemented, maintained, and communicated at all levels in the organization. Senior management will take the environmental policy into consideration in the development of objectives and targets
Jemrok Pty Ltd is committed to continuous improvement, in the way we do our business and in the way we encourage and support staff to develop their skills.
Our training aim is to:
- Nurture a culture that values training and development, so that staff have the opportunity to reach their potential
- As a result of our staff training and development we encourage long service and loyal employees
- Deliver increased value to our customers and stakeholders due to more efficient, competent and innovative staff.
To achieve this, Jemrok Pty Ltd;
- Inducts all personnel clearly communicating our values and expectations
- Conducts regular performance reviews with staff, to identify training and development needs to meet the individual and business Objectives
- Evaluates training and development activities to monitor their effectiveness
- Encourages individuals to train and develop themselves to meet the business needs and to realise their own personal potential.
Jemrok Civil Infrastructure is one division of the Jemrok Pty Ltd group, which has been delivering civil construction projects across Tasmania since 2014.
Jemrok Civil is an emerging player in the civil construction industry and aims to be a leader by delivering a point of difference in our ingenuity, innovation and project execution.
Services currently offered include:
- Provision of civil design and development;
- Building construction and project management including environmental services for earthworks, civil construction, residential, commercial and industrial developments;
- Installation and maintenance of reticulation systems for waste, water and storm water;
To meet the above, Jemrok shall;
- Provide and maintain responsible quality, environmental and safety practices for all staff, sub-contractors and visitors;
- Work closely with customers and clients to meet their overall and ongoing needs;
- Strive to deliver projects on time and on budget;
- Ensure every employee is fully aware of the objectives of the business;
- Seek continual improvement in staff satisfaction; and
- Maintain our commitment to conform to ISO9001 Quality Management System
Jemrok employees shall endeavor to work closely with all customers and clients to identify any improvements required to our internal or external processes through constant review with a core focus on continual improvement.
Policy authorized by: Kylie Kenworthy (Managing Director) 29/06/2017
Health and Safety Policy
Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 2012, and applicable codes of practice and Australian Standards AS/NZS4801 as far as possible.
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- plant and substances in safe condition
- facilities for the welfare of employees
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to health
- a commitment to consult and co-operate with employees in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- a commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each employee has an obligation to:
- comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
- take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary.
- comply with any direction given by management in relation to health and safety
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interest of health and safety
- report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all employees, customers and visitors. We encourage suggestions in realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate. This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where employees are required to work off-site.